- I can't seem to locate the item I am looking for?
- How can I filter my search results?
- I know the product code that I want. How can I find it online?
- Do the prices included on the website include my discounts and customer specific pricing agreements?
- What should I do if I spot an error?
- What if I have a question regarding price?
- What do the stock level traffic lights mean on the product pages?
- Which card payment methods do you accept online?
- At what stage is my credit card charged?
- Credit card safety
- Altering details in my online account
- How can I change my account details?
- How can I change my password?
- Can I still purchase an item that is out of stock?
- Can I purchase controlled drugs online?
- Order shipment notification via email
- How do I place an order with LGC Standards?
- Can multiple people use my account?
- Will I get a receipt for my order?
- Adding items to an already placed order?
- I have a pre-arranged purchase order with LGC. Can I pay for web shop items using this purchase order?
- Will I be told if there is a problem with my order?
- Any other questions?
If a product that you are searching for cannot be located on our website then it may be it is not available online. If you cannot find the product you need, then please contact your local sales office.
To give yourself the maximum chance of finding a product you need online, please use the "all products" drop down box in the search function.
The web shop has advanced search features available that allow you to refine your search results, and drill down multiple levels to ensure that you locate your item by the filters selected. Once you complete a search you can use the search facets on the left hand side column to refine results lists by Category, Brand, Format, Technique and Accreditation.
Please type the product code into the search bar on the left hand side of the web page and click Go.
You will then be displayed a list of choices. If the product is available on the web shop it the product code will be one of the first one shown. Alternatively you can use the Quick Order feature.
Do the prices included on the website include my discounts and customer specific pricing agreements?
Yes. All prices that you see at the checkout of the website have your customer specific prices and discounts included.
Please note that customer specific prices are displayed in the shopping pages and in the basket, but discounts are calculated and visible in the final confirm basket page. At the point of placing your order all customer discounts have been applied in line with your unique customer agreement with LGC.
Please only use your personal log in details to obtain the correct pricing and discounts.
Please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
What if I see an incorrect price?
If in the unlikely event you spot a product you wish to order which appears to have an incorrect price please, contact your local sales office.
- Green is in stock and available for dispatch immediately. Generally, 1-5 working days.
- Amber is delivery within 28 days or sooner. Generally, 7-10 working days.
- Red is delivery after 28 days or out of stock.
If you should require any more information on product delivery lead times then please contact your local sales office.
Payment can be made by Visa, Visa Debit, Visa Electron, MasterCard, Delta, Solo, JCB, American Express, UK Maestro, and International Maestro. You can pay for your order using our main payment pages which are secured by Sage Pay.
Your credit card will be charged at the point at which your order is placed.
LGC Standards uses the latest strong encryption technology to ensure that all personal information is protected to the highest standard. Transactional information could include any credit or debit card details, contact information, together with any other names and addresses you provide when you place an order for delivery to another address, and your purchasing history.
Before you can place an order with LGC Standards online, you must be set up for an online customer account.
If you need to change any details in your online account such as shipping address or adding a new shipping/invoice address, then please email your local sales office. Once the change has been made in our back office systems, the change will be updated in your online account. This can take up to 24-48 hours although in most cases the change happens a lot sooner.
Once logged into your account, click on my account. Click change password and change your password to a securer version. We suggest you follow password best practices for optimum security:
- Use at least 6 characters, including one capital letter and one number
- Do not use sequential letters e.g. Qwerty1 or Aaaaaa1
- Do not use your name, or any other personal details as your password
- It is best to use non-sensical combinations of letters e.g. hFyt2jk rather than mYnamE1
Stock levels are indicated next to the product on the shopping pages. If an item is out of stock you can still add it to your order, however it will only be dispatched once it is in stock. Please do not order an item displayed as out of stock if you require the item urgently. We aim to replenish our stocks as frequently as possible, so in most cases if the item is out of stock, it will be back in stock very soon.
You are able to purchase controlled drugs via the website. Controlled drug restrictions are mentioned on product detail pages. Once you place your order should additional licenses or charges apply you will be contacted by your local sales office. Review our support frequently asked questions section for more information on controlled drugs.
In order to set up your LGC Standards online customer account and purchase goods online, you will have provided us with your contact email address.
Placing an order with LGC Standards is a quick and easy process.
You will need to have an account with LGC before you are given access to the website. If you are an existing customer you can request access to the website, although access is limited initially for our beta test to a select number of customers.
If you are a new customer you must submit the Enquiry form. Once approved as a customer of LGC you can be set up for an online customer account and place your orders online.
- Log into your account by entering your email address and password in the right hand side panel log in box.
- Find the products you wish to purchase and add them to your basket.
- Click on Go to basket
- Check/review all of the items which you have placed into your shopping basket to double check that they are correct, and you have the correct quantity. If you need to change the quantity, do so in the quantity field and click the “update” button.
- Add a purchase order number to your order
- Select the preferred payment method and click Proceed to checkout. Some users depending on their account set up will be able to order via account order or via credit card or both.
- If selected credit card – please click Proceed to checkout and complete the payment information when requested to do so after the basket confirmation page.
- If selected account order – click Proceed checkout to complete the order.
- Check that all the billing and delivery address details are correct. Select the correct delivery address. Click next.
- Review the basket before confirming the order. Click next to place the order.
For security we suggest that each individual wishing to order via the web shop uses their own email and password. We can create more than one login for the same account. Please contact your local office to request an additional contact be activated for a web account.
Once you have placed an order with LGC Standards you will have the option of reviewing your receipt online containing your order number, items ordered and the value. When you have received your parcel through the post, the order will contain your order Invoice (Receipt) with the details which you require. You will also be able to view your order history via your online account.
If you do need to contact us with any queries then please keep your invoice and have this to hand when you call.
You can add or amend an existing order after you have placed it online provided it has not been processed. Please contact your local sales office as soon as possible.
Once an order has been processed for dispatch it is not possible to change it.
I have a pre-arranged purchase order with LGC. Can I pay for web shop items using this purchase order?
No, we kindly ask you to order online for new orders. You may add items to your shopping list, and email or call your local office to order. Products ordered by email / telephone are excluded from our web shop offers.
Yes. We review all orders and you will be informed immediately if there is any problem with your order.
Please contact your local sales office.